Seem difficult, but dyeing hair at home by yourself is quite a simple task actually. And it can save us some money and time without going to a hair salon. In this post, Newchic will show you how to dye your hair properly by following several steps. Now, shop a hair dye to be your own hairstylist.
- Wash your hair 1 day before applying the natural hair dye, do not use the hair conditioner. It allows the dye to bind to your hair more easily and reduce the harm to your hair with some natural oil in your hair. Also the color of your purple hair dye or grey hair dye will blend more naturally and last longer.
- This step is to protect yourself from hair dye stains by putting a towel or color cape around the shoulders and put on a pair of ear cover. Then put on a pair of gloves to avoid your hands touching the hair dyes.
- Mix the natural hair dye and developer in a container like a bowl. Brush your hair well and separate your hair into 4 sections with plastic salon clips.
- Start to apply the purplehair dye ( just an example ) in your hair section by section. Divide each section of hair up into smaller 1/4″-1/2” subsections to work easily, remember: use your gloved fingers to dye the hair. Set a timer, let the hair dye to stay in your hair for 30~45 minutes.
- If there is any excess dye in your neck and forehead, wipe it off with a wet towel. Then rinse your hair. Now you can apply shampoo and hair conditioner in the hair. At last, blow your hair with a hair dryer and style it as usual.